Universiti Putra Malaysia Institutional Repository Policies
Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided:
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given
- PSAS IR is mentioned
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Access to some or all full items is controlled.
- Single copies of full items can be:
- displayed or performed in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the original copyright statement is given
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of PSAS IR is appreciated but not mandatory.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Subject Specialities: Multidisciplinary
- PSAS IR holds all types of materials except:Journal articles
- Deposited items may include:
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
- Principal Languages: English; Malay
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- PSAS IR will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- PSAS IR regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- Changes to deposited items are permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- The item's persistent URL will always link to the latest version.
- There will be links between earlier and later versions, with the most recent version clearly identified.
- In the event of PSAS IR being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.