Simple Search:

Power feasibility of a low power consumption solar tracker


Citation

Ahmad, Salsabila and Shafie, Suhaidi and Ab Kadir, Mohd Zainal Abidin (2013) Power feasibility of a low power consumption solar tracker. Procedia Environmental Sciences, 17. pp. 494-502. ISSN 1878-0296

Abstract / Synopsis

This paper discusses on the generated power and the power consumption of an open-loop time and date based sun positioning solar collector system under three weather conditions; sunny and clear day, cloudy day and heavy overcast and rainy day under Malaysian tropical climate at location E100°11’, N6°26’, The two-axes tracking system used a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) to maneuver a photovoltaic solar module based on 10° altitude angle tracking and 1° azimuth angle tracking. The daily percentage of power consumed during a clear and sunny day from the tracking motors and controller is 0.05% and 5.84%, respectively. Overall, the system consumed 5.89% of the total generated power.


Download File

[img]
Preview
PDF (Abstract)
Power feasibility of a low power consumption solar tracker.pdf

Download (47kB) | Preview

Additional Metadata

Item Type: Article
Divisions: Faculty of Engineering
Institute of Advanced Technology
DOI Number: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proenv.2013.02.064
Publisher: Elsevier
Keywords: Dual-axes; Solar tracking; Open-loop system
Depositing User: Nabilah Mustapa
Date Deposited: 01 Dec 2015 10:30
Last Modified: 01 Dec 2015 10:30
Altmetrics: http://www.altmetric.com/details.php?domain=psasir.upm.edu.my&doi=10.1016/j.proenv.2013.02.064
URI: http://psasir.upm.edu.my/id/eprint/28685
Statistic Details: View Download Statistic

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item