Tri/Celcom: Fixed Services Division Strategic Analysis Factors and Strategies

Ghazali, Siti Norainul Azam (1998) Tri/Celcom: Fixed Services Division Strategic Analysis Factors and Strategies. Masters project report, Universiti Pertanian Malaysia.

[img] PDF
1513Kb

Abstract

Cellular Communications Network Sdn Bhd was formed as a private limited company in January 1988, under the name of STM Celullar Communications Sdn Bhd which was initially owned by Syarikat Telekom Malaysia(STM), now known as Telekom Malaysia. In December 1989 after it has commenced operation STM sold 51%of its stake to Alpine Resources Sdn Bhd. During this time the Cellular Communications Net work SIB customers base is already about 6,800 subscribers. The company later changed its name to Celcom Sdn Bhd. Technology Resources Indutsries (TRI) was incorporated in 1 966 as a private limited comp any in Malaysia and its shares was listed on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange in 1971. TRI was initially known as Roxy Electric Industries Sdn Bhd. TRI indirectly held 51% stake of Cellular Communications Network Sdn Bhd through its subsidiary company Alpine Resources Sdn Bhd and later TRI/Celcom was eventualy formed when TRI acquired the remaining 49% equity interest in Cellular Communications Newtork(Malyasia) Sdn Bhd for RM271,705,000 and RM14,700,000 representing 36,75 0,000 ordinary shares of RM1 RM14,700,000 (8%) Irredeemable convertible cumulative preference shares of RM1.00 each respectively. The Cellular Communications Newtork(Celcom)was initialy set up back in 19 TRI/Celcom held majority shareholders of Celcom as well as several other companies such as Alpine Resources(100%equiyt interest), TR International Ltd, TR(USA) Ltd, and Celcom Ventures (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd as wholly owned subsidiaries.

Item Type:Project Paper Report
Subject:Cellular Communications Network Sdn Bhd (Celcom)
Subject:Business communication - Malaysia
Call Number:GSM 1998 17
Faculty or Institute:Graduate School of Management
ID Code:8107
Deposited By: Nurul Hayatie Hashim
Deposited On:14 Oct 2010 02:57
Last Modified:31 Oct 2012 08:14

Repository Staff Only: Edit item detail

Document Download Statistics

This item has been downloaded for since 14 Oct 2010 02:57.

View statistics for "Tri/Celcom: Fixed Services Division Strategic Analysis Factors and Strategies"


Universiti Putra Malaysia Institutional Repository

Universiti Putra Malaysia Institutional Repository is an on-line digital archive that serves as a central collection and storage of scientific information and research at the Universiti Putra Malaysia.

Currently, the collections deposited in the IR consists of Master and PhD theses, Master and PhD Project Report, Journal Articles, Journal Bulletins, Conference Papers, UPM News, Newspaper Cuttings, Patents and Inaugural Lectures.

As the policy of the university does not permit users to view thesis in full text, access is only given to the first 24 pages only.