Keyword Search:


Bookmark and Share

A novel integrated model for assessing landslide susceptibility mapping using CHAID and AHP pair-wise comparison

Althuwaynee, Omar F. and Pradhan, Biswajeet and Lee, Saro (2016) A novel integrated model for assessing landslide susceptibility mapping using CHAID and AHP pair-wise comparison. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 37 (5). pp. 1190-1209. ISSN 0143-1161; ESSN: 1366-5901

[img] PDF (Abstract)
36Kb

Official URL: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/0143116...

Abstract

This article uses an integrated methodology based on a chi-squared automatic interaction detection (CHAID) model combined with analytic hierarchy process (AHP) for pair-wise comparison to assess medium-scale landslide susceptibility in a catchment in the Inje region of South Korea. An inventory of 3596 landslide locations was collected using remote sensing, and a random sample comprising 30% of these was used to validate the model. The remaining portion (70%) was processed by the nearest-neighbour index (NNI) technique and used for extracting the cluster patterns at each location. These data were used for model training purposes. Ten landslide-conditioning factors (independent variables) representing four main domains, namely (1) topology, (2) geology, (3) hydrology, and (4) land cover, were used to produce two landslide-susceptibility maps. The first landslide-susceptibility map (LSM1) was produced by overlaying the terminal nodes of the CHAID result tree. The second landslide-susceptibility map (LSM2) was produced using the overlay result of AHP pair-wise comparisons of CHAID terminal nodes. The prediction rate curve results were better with LSM2 (area under the prediction curve (AUC) = 0.80) than with LSM1 (AUC = 0.76). The results confirmed that the integrated hybrid model has superior prediction performance and reliability, and it is recommended for future use in medium-scale landslide-susceptibility mapping.

Item Type:Article
Keyword:Landslide-susceptibility maps; Analytic hierarchy process (AHP); Chi-squared automatic interaction detection (CHAID)
Faculty or Institute:Faculty of Engineering
Publisher:Taylor & Francis
DOI Number:10.1080/01431161.2016.1148282
Altmetrics:http://www.altmetric.com/details.php?domain=psasir.upm.edu.my&doi=10.1080/01431161.2016.1148282
ID Code:43415
Deposited By: Nabilah Mustapa
Deposited On:19 May 2016 10:20
Last Modified:19 May 2016 10:20

Repository Staff Only: Edit item detail

Document Download Statistics

This item has been downloaded for since 19 May 2016 10:20.

View statistics for "A novel integrated model for assessing landslide susceptibility mapping using CHAID and AHP pair-wise comparison"